Pardon for the delay. We actually reopened to the public on 01 May 2020.
Hours: 10-4 Monday through Friday
Following are restrictions we have in place.
The Emma Knox Kenan Library will open with restrictions Friday May 1st at 10:00 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m. We will remain open until further notice.
Following are a list of restrictions necessary to entering the library.
- No more than two (2) patrons in the library at the same time. There will be marks on the carpet indicating a distance of six (6) feet. If someone is in front of you, stay on the mark that is six (6) feet away.
- We limit one person per household in the library. Parents / guardians can check out books for their children.
- There is one (1) computer available to the public with a twenty (20) minute time limit per patron per day.
- Patrons using WIFI will remain outside.
User ID: Library Guest
- Our children’s room is closed. We have brought our popular books for children upstairs into the main library.
- Our book sale room is closed.
- Our genealogy section is closed.
- Our bathrooms are closed.
- A printer is available to the public from our public computer inside. Printed items are .15 per page. Please pay with exact change. No $20 bills.
- No physical copies will be made during this time.
Checking In / Checking out Items
Upon entering the library you will see a table with a sign “Check In Here”. There is a scanner to scan the barcode inside the item. Once it has scanned properly, place the item on the blue book cart next to the table.
Proceed forward towards the second room of the library and select up to five (5) books. Then go back to the main room. There will be a table with a sign “Check Out Here” and another scanner. Scan the items and place in library bag provided.
DVD’s are not available for checkout at this time due to lack of distance of six (6) feet apart for patrons.
Following is helpful information to get you and us through this difficult time.
- Census Online: https://my2020census.gov/
- Alabama Resources: https://aplsws1.apls.state.
- Our WIFI is available 24/7 from our parking lot.
- Network Library-Guest
- Password: publiclibrary
- The staff will still be in the building. You can call 334.684.2459 with questions.
- Books can be returned inside. Book Drop is closed at this time.
Thank you for your patience.
Emma Knox Kenan Library
312 South Commerce Street
Geneva AL 36340
Hours of Operation:
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
10:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
Here is the link to our Online Catalog.